Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ancient memories

India has memories, memories that are ancient.
To be an Indian is to inherit these memories, the memories that are archaic, memories that are stretching beyond birth, beyond death, beyond the current civilization, beyond the current earth, beyond time.
The night is the synonym of sleep, and in sleep we enter the Dream Time, a world of memories and archetypes and the unconscious.
At night comes out the rat, the vehicle of the Lord Ganesh, the elephant headed god. Elephants are known for keeping memories; they are dark like the night, like the uncconscious. In India, all rituals begin with the invocation to the Lord Ganesh, the Vigna Vinayaka, the one who removes obstacles.
Ganesh is the scribe of Vyasa, Vyasa who composed Mahabharata, Vyasa who compiled the Vedas and the Puranas.
Ganesh is also the door keeper of the home of Shiva, the Mahadeva, the Great God, the archetypal man, Pasupati, the lord of the animals. Without obeisance to Lord Ganesh, without his collaboration, without his grace, there is no access to the archaic memories, no access to the world of the archetypes. Riding on the rat, Lord Ganesh traverse his kingdom of the beings of the nether worlds, he is Ganapati, the Lord of the Ganas.
He guards the forts of Pasupati.
Deep in the heart of sleep yogins meet the archetypes, the gods and goddesses on the way to the abode of Shiva, the white one.
Yogins go with Ganesh into the dark infinity sprinkled with stars.
Constellations shows the path to a deathless star from where they have come.
They are called by the Memory.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The collective unconscious of spiritual India is indeed inherited by all who grow up within her cultural bosom. I am intrigued by the title of your blog. Have you read the 'nadabindu upanishad'. Do you meditate on the inner vibration and effulgence?

Manoj said...

Dear Aman,
I glad to receive your message. I have not read Nadabindu Upanishad. Would love to read it. Is there an online version available.?
I went through your blog and it made me all the more happy.
Yes, I do meditate on the inner vibration and effulgence, that is the way for me.
Much love,
Manoj

Aman said...

Dear Manoj,
I am blessed to find your blog. I too follow the path of the inner vibration and effulgence.
www.geocities.com/advaitavedant/nadabindu.htm
this is a link to Nadabindu upanishad.besides, you may also like Hamsa upanishad which elucidates the same path.
http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/hamsa.html
Love and regards,
Aman

Aman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aman said...

Dear Manoj,
I was at Mudra Institute Of Communications, Ahmedabad in 2005 and our Cultural Studies Faculty also taught at NID.A few days back I read about the 4oth anniversary of Auroville in The Hindu and was intrigued. While I liked the concept, the mystic dimension wasn't clear to me. Is mysticism fundamental to Auroville ot is it one among many activities? Besides have you been initiated into the path of inner vibration and effulgence or do you meditate on your own. I have been following the same path since the last two years but there are certain impediments as of now. I would like to know you better, especially your mystic side.I have started a community titled 'Nadabindu' on orkut.I would be pleased if you join it.
Love and regards,
Aman